The deadline for early-bird pricing is approaching for those interested in being part of a trade delegation to China.
The Arizona Technology Council and the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry are planning the trip for Sept. 14-24.
Topics that will be covered include manufacturing, technology, academia, law and a general overview of international business. The trip is open to members and non-members of both organizations.
Sponsored by Snell & Wilmer, the delegation will travel to Shanghai, Chengdu, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Macau. This trip will include meetings with governmental and business leaders in China as well as an in-depth exploration of Chinese culture.
Discount pricing for those who register early ends June 17. The price of the trip for chamber and council members is $3,550 and $4,050 for non-members. It's an additional $1,500 for a one-person single room. Those who attend are invited to apply for complimentary Gold Key Matching Service from the U.S. Export Assistance Center. Normally provided for a fee, the service will be awarded to selected companies at the discretion of the U.S. Commercial Service.
Everyone who attends the trip and is interested in the program will be evaluated. If there is a match, attendees will have custom appointments set up for them with appropriate agents, distributors, representatives and/or end-users of their particular product or service. They will be in addition to the appointments that the council and the chamber are setting up.
There is no formal application for the Gold Key Matching Service, but attendees should indicate their interest when signing up for the trip.
For more information, call 480-467-8251.
The Arizona Republic Jun. 9, 2011 12:00 AM
Discount on China trade trip ends soon
- ► 2017 (17)
- ► 2016 (24)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (53)
- ► 2012 (80)
- Mackay: To be heard, remember how to listen
- Gay-marriage backers: N.Y. vote packs clout
- Education briefs: 3 win illustration honors
- Mackay: Everyone is born with creativity
- Medical-marijuana dispensary application put on ho...
- Mackay: Use elevator speech to sell message
- Seniors' medical-pot collective stirs debate in co...
- Medical marijuana and driving high
- Firing over medical pot OK'd
- Scottsdale OKs medical-pot permits for 6 applicant...
- Discount on China trade trip ends soon
- Mackay: HR people don't deserve their bad rap
- Snapshots: June 10 Photos | Snapshots: June 10 Pic...
- It's a Dog's Life: Photographs by William Wegman f...
- Try to build important partnerships
- Medical-marijuana superstore opens in Phoenix
- Medical-pot dispensary applications to be denied
- ▼ June (17)