The second quarter of 2015 is fast approaching, making now a great time for a success check-in. Here are six suggestions to help you achieve your goals this year.
1. Limit time with toxic people. Negativity and dissension will suffocate your drive, perhaps more than anything else. Do whatever possible to avoid spending time with people who aren't on the same trajectory as you.
2. Keep learning. If you never learn anything new about your field, it will be nearly impossible to have big breakthroughs in work or in life. Take time out for a class, a book, a seminar or events that will help you keep growing.
3. Write down your vision. A clear statement about where you are and where you want to be later this year can help you stay on track.
4. Stop wasting time. Don't be afraid to say "no" to any activities that will hinder your productivity.
5. Communicate more effectively. Don't use email when a phone call would be more effective. This will speed up your day and free up time you can spend on profit-making activity or even relaxation.
6. Say thank you more. Gratitude can have a big impact on your motivation, and ultimately on your success. Keep track of things you are thankful for in life and never let a good deed go unrecognized.