Sometimes getting from where you are to where you'd like to be careerwise can seem like a daunting task. But it doesn't have to be.
Here are some tips to help you move up the corporate ladder:
Knowledge is power, so read about your industry, know what people are doing and keep an eye on innovations. This will help you become an asset to your company - one with promotion potential.
2Know how to ask questions.
Workers who gain attention know how to ask appropriate questions. But asking questions is an art. Don't talk over your boss trying to show them how much you know.
3Think outside yourself.
People who move up quickly are often ones who are good at examining the needs and goals of the company as a whole, not just in their own particular niche. At the end of the day, it's not about you.
4Give it your all.
Be a solid performer who goes the extra mile. Performing tasks beyond your routine job description is the way to impress and build a stellar reputation.
5Let your passion shine through.
View everything with enthusiasm, which shows you truly have a passion for your field. These are the people who move up in the world.
CareerBuilder Feb. 15, 2011 08:55 AM
Secrets to climbing the ladder faster
- ► 2016 (24)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (31)
- ► 2013 (53)
- ► 2012 (80)
- March stargazing: Celestial twins ride high
- Calif. emporium is a medical-pot superstore
- YouTube - Hot Chocolate (I Believe in Miracles)
- YouTube - Love Fool
- Temp work can lead to permanent position
- Talent is Important, But Winning is the Goal : Lif...
- The Benefits of Hiring Tier-One Talent
- Mackay: 'Impossible' is simply a frame of mind
- Speaking 2 languages could delay Alzheimer's
- 3 doctors submit plans for upscale marijuana dispe...
- Secrets to climbing the ladder faster
- Don't blame boss; take control of your happiness
- Mackay: Self-esteem drives us to succeed
- Yeaahh, Business Cat Needs You to Come In On Catur...
- Black Swan Fan Art
- Fashion Shows - Coverage from New York, Paris and ...
- Vogue Releases Lady Gaga-Focused iPad-Only Magazin...
- Living Room Ready for Liftoff - Yahoo! Real Estate...
- 10 Best Beach Destinations
- Pot outlets may be OK'd in strip malls in Pinal
- Arizona police study medical-marijuana law
- Mackay: Frustrated customer offers lessons
- Arizona law may allow marijuana in some parks
- Top banned Super Bowl Commercials: Jesus Hates Oba...
- 'The Illusionist'
- YouTube - Moby - Natural Blues Video
- House bill would ban marijuana alternative
- Brain drives new 'Body Worlds' exhibit
- Marijuana-dispensary rules listed
- Mackay: Great ideas, right touch yield sales
- Collector-car mogul's home features palatial garag...
- J.D. Salinger's life caught by author Slawenski
- Distant galaxy may be oldest ever seen
- Split Scottsdale council opts for strict medical-p...
- Mackay: Bosses must be inspiring, not menacing
- ▼ February (35)