Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Following simple tips can help you succeed
Sometimes the columns that get the biggest reaction are those that offer the simplest advice. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about street-smart ideas and was inundated with requests for more. A few readers shared their ideas, too. Because I truly believe in the importance of street smarts for success, I'm continuing the list. There will always be a place in the world for anyone who says, "I'll take care of it," and then does it. Don't imply that a chore is beneath you or that you are too busy to handle the mundane. Sure, you can call in help from subordinates (if you have them), but in order to share the credit, you need to do some of the work. Circle the wagons. For the past 50 years, every time I have wanted to persuade a person of power, I've found a couple of friends who have influence with the person to approach him or her from different directions to get the result I want. These are people who know I will come to their aid in return and who act professionally and discreetly on my behalf. Read more: Following simple tips can help you succeed
- ► 2016 (24)
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (31)
- What Not to Say to a Working Mom - The Huffington ...
- Attitude Is Everything
- ArtHouse: The Flaneur in London series 4 by Sebast...
- How to Communicate After a Fight – Six Easy Steps ...
- Positive thinking a lifestyle choice
- Some tips on how to make good decisions
- Let your creativity guide you
- Start Out With Good Game Plan | Latz Negotiation I...
- Vancouver student’s photo of leg reflects how wome...
- Unclaimed cash may be yours
- Following simple tips can help you succeed
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2012 (80)
- ► 2011 (249)